Saturday, August 8, 2009

In My Mailbox #4


I won this from
Bean Bag Books! Thank You!

Suite Scarlett
by Maureen Johnson

Description: Scarlett is the third of four children in the Martin family. The Martins live in and manage a shabby hotel in NYC that dates back to the 1920s. When Scarlett turns 15, she is put in charge of one of the hotel's 27 rooms- the Empire Suite. Into this room moves Mrs. Amberson, a failed 1970s starlet who has returned to New York to write her memoirs. Soon, Scarlett is taking dictation, running around town with Mrs. Amberson, and getting caught up in her Auntie Mame-meets-Bianca Jagger adventures.

In the midst of all this, Scarlett falls in love - or so she thinks - and it takes Mrs. Amberson to help her see the light.


For Review:

The Cave
by Steve McGill
Description: When World War I began, Arthur Pratt did what many other Americans did, joining a foreign army to fight while the United States was still trying to avoid entering the conflict. He was reportedly killed in action, though no body was ever recovered, and his surviving family had only letters and photos from the war to remember him by. Eighty years later, Arthur?s great-great-grandson Ian is fascinated by the war he?s learned about from his family scrapbooks. He wants to be adventurous and brave just like Arthur, which for Ian means testing his mettle against the spooky Butterfield Ranch and a mysterious nearby cave. When weird things begin happening around him, Ian realizes he?s being called upon to solve a mystery?but doing so will require venturing into the cave. What he discovers there is more magical?and more dangerous?than he ever imagined, leading the boy to a revelation that will change his life forever. The Cave is a haunting, touching novel, sure to enchant young-adult readers.

•-• In My Mailbox was started by Kristi over at The Story Siren

18 comments:

  1. yay for winning books! these look great! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maureen Johnson! I think she's great. They both sound very interesting! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books, congrats on winning. Suite Scarlett sounds really good. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great! I can't wait to see your reviews for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats of winning your book. They both look good! My IMM is up to pop by and take a look HERE :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard so many times that Maureen Johnson is awesome but I haven't read anything by her. I'll be hoping for a review on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been meaning to read Maureen JOhnson for ages. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wanting to read Suite Scarlett for a while! I hope you enjoy it :)

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suite Scarlett sounds ultra cute. I have yet to read any of Maureen Johnson's books, but I want to read them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maureen Johnson is an awesome author, hope you enjoy Suite Scarlett!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it just me or am we having a lot of "The Cave" books flying around? xD

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got The Cave too. Looks like it is a popular book this week. Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had some good books this week. The Cave sounds interesting. Enjoy your reads.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look great! I have "Suite Scarlett" on my TBR, too, but I had never heard about the other one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I *loved* "Suite Scarlett." Yay for you getting to read it too!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've got an award on my blog :) http://rhiannon-hart.blogspot.com/2009/08/book-blogger-appreciation-week-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I actually did not like suite Scarlett-but everyone else seems to love her... Enjoy your books:-D
    -AMY

    ReplyDelete