Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday

Hearts at Stake: House of Drake
by Alyxandra Harvey-Fitzhenry, Alyxandra Harvey
Release Date: December 22nd 2009

The Blakes are rather different to your usual neighbours. They are vampires and some of the members of the family date back to the twelfth century. One of the children, Solange, is the only born female vampire known and, as such, she poses a direct threat to the vampire queen. Her best friend Lucy is human, and when Solange is kidnapped Lucy and Solange's brother, Nicholas, set out to save her. Lucy soon discovers that she would like to be more than just friends with Nicholas. But how does one go about dating a vampire? Meanwhile, Solange finds an unlikely ally in Kieran, a vampire slayer on the hunt for his father's killer.

I never get tired of Vampire stories.

8 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this one, but it sounds really good. I'm a huge vampire nerd as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I've heard about this one a little but didn't really know what it was about. Sounds interesting. Love the cover too, and the title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great and I love the cover. (I never get tired of vampire stories either.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never get tired of vamp stories either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the title. Seriously. Favourite title of the week at least.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't get tired of vampires either! This one sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love vampire stories, and this one really sounds great! The cover looks great too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also a vamp aficionado. This one looks good. Great title!

    ReplyDelete