Thursday, October 8, 2009

Review: The Family Bones

The Family Bones
by Kimberly Raiser
Published: October 22nd 2008
192 pages
I give it:
Description: Simply put, the book is about a family, The Weavers, who inherit a house in a part of Pennsylvania that appears on a map but barely any information on the internet. They have a more than just peculiar connection with this house, one that they can't even begin to fathom. The house is filled with generation-old secrets, startling and uncanny mysteries related to the family's past, a well in the backyard filled with strangled, skeletal cats. And that's just the beginning. Other more mutant-like secrets eventually unfold as The Weavers learn that a far more terrible thing await them if they continue to stay in their new abode.

My Thoughts: I have been sitting on this review for several weeks now. I almost feel like it is the type of book that needs to be read more than once, in order to understand it in it's entirety.

All in all, The Family Bones was a very quick read, and I did like it, but I found it to be a little bit confusing at times, as the plot bounces around quite a bit. The beginning of the book is really different from the ending of the book, and I actually really loved the beginning! If the book would have stayed on that track, I am sure it could have been a 5 star book for me!

I felt that there were a lot of questions that never really got answered... but it was a quick entertaining read, and I am sure I will have to read it again someday. Perhaps the answers are in there somewhere!

2 comments:

  1. I've heard about this book before, but I'm sorry to hear it does not tie together in the end as it should. When you read books of this genre, the conclusion is just as important as everything else, if not more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one doesn't really sound like it's for me. Interesting review though.

    ReplyDelete