Sunday, March 28, 2010

Review: Fallen

Fallen
by Lauren Kate
December 8th 2009
452 pages
I give it:

Description: There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.


My Thoughts: First off, can I just point out how beautiful the cover of this book is? It's amazing! I've been known to occasionally judge a book by the cover, and after seeing this cover I knew instantly that I wanted it on my bookshelf! Luckily I found the story just as hauntingly beautiful as the cover!

Although the story really had no action until the last few chapters, I found the mystery behind each of the characters to be enough to keep me engrossed in the story, and I found it really hard to put the book down!

I really don't want to give too much away, I think this is the type of book that would be enjoyed more with the less information you have on the plot. I want you to be curious about the characters until the very end! I will however say that I thought the story was completely original. I loved that the setting of the story took place at a reform school, where pretty much all of the students had a criminal record. I felt that the setting only contributed more to the mystery behind each of the characters, and made them so much more interesting!

The end might as well have had a big "TO BE CONTINUED" written on the last page! It left me wanting more! I felt that there are tons of unanswered questions, but I have faith that Lauren Kate will answer these questions in the next book in this series called "Torment" which will be released in September.

I can't wait to continue this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment