Friday, April 30, 2010

Review: Runaway by Meg Cabot

Runaway (Airhead, #3)
by Meg Cabot
April 20th 2010
310 pages

Description: Emerson Watts is on the run: from school, from work, from her family, from her friends, from herself. With everyone she loves furious with her for something she can't explain, and nothing but the live Stark Angel fashion show on New Year's Eve to look forward to, Em's reached the end of her rope... what's the point of even going on?

But when she discovers the truth about Nikki's secret, she knows there's only one person she can turn to. Will Christopher be able to put aside his personal feelings and help her expose her employer to the world? Is it even fair to get Christopher involved—since if he agrees, there's every chance that Stark Enterprises will try to have them both killed—this time, permanently?

Maybe it would be better for Em to just keep on running.

My Thoughts: I thought this was a wonderful ending to an amazing series! The writing was completely captivating, and I finished the book the same day that I go it! I just could not put it down until everything was resolved. It's nice to finally have all the answers!

The character that surprised me the most was Brandon. I've always kind of hated him, but by the end of the series he turned out to be a pretty decent guy!

If you liked the first two books in the series, then you are definitely going to want to hurry and pick the last book up! I promise it does not disappoint! It may have even been my favorite out of the three books.

And if you haven't yet read this series, then I encourage you to give it a try! I felt that the series only got better and better with each book! Each character showed tremendous growth throughout the series, especially the protagonist, Em! The story is also full of characters that you are sure to love!

Overall, I found this series to be a pleasant surprise! I had expected the whole story to be completely different from what it actually was, and I am really glad that I decided to pick up this wonderful series!

3 comments:

  1. I really want to read this series, glad it had a great end to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this! I loved the first two! Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review!

    You have an award on my blog here.

    ReplyDelete