Monday, March 8, 2010

Movie Monday!

ALICE IN WONDERLAND
Synopsis: 19-year-old Alice returns to the whimsical world she first encountered as a young girl, reuniting with her childhood friends: the White Rabbit, Tweedledee and Tweedledum, the Dormouse, the Caterpillar, the Cheshire Cat, and of course, the Mad Hatter. Alice embarks on a fantastical journey to find her true destiny and end the Red Queen's reign of terror.

My Thoughts: This weekend, I went to see the much anticipated "Alice In Wonderland" by the always amazing Tim Burton. Although I have been really excited about seeing this movie ever since the trailer was leaked last summer, I did a pretty good job at at avoiding anything that had to do with this movie up until it's release this weekend. I didn't want myself to get too hyped up for this movie because since it's been sooooo long since I've read the book, I had a chance at going into this movie with no expectations.

Since it's been forever since I've read the book, and since I don't even remember if this specific storyline was even part of the book, there is no way for me to do a book vs. movie comparison. I am not even sure if I have read "Through the Looking Glass" and maybe I haven't, and maybe that's why this storyline is unfamiliar to me.

Let's just ignore that fact, and let me simply say that I LOVED THIS MOVIE! I can't wait to see it again and again!

First off, Johnny Depp is one of the most amazing actors of all time! I always find it incredible that he is able to completely transform himself into his characters, and he's done it again in his role as the Mad Hatter! He is completely different in every movie that he does, and he just somehow manages to fully lose himself into his characters. If a movie has Johnny Depp in it, I'll definitely be watching!

Not to mention that I pretty much love everything that Tim Burton does, and he definitely did not disappoint with his version of Alice in Wonderland!

This movie was beautiful. The visual effects were absolutely stunning. I wish I would have been able to see it in 3D, unfortunately my local theater isn't equipped for 3D movies, but I am sure it would have been even more amazing in 3D!

I loved it! Did you?

1 comment:

  1. I didn't like it much. I loved Helena's Red Queen and the costume design, but everything else I was just meh about.

    ReplyDelete