Sunday, March 7, 2010

Review: The Hunger Games

FYI: If you have not read "The Hunger Games" yet, you may want to skip over the description of "Catching Fire"... it contains a spoiler! Although, I did accidentally read the back cover of "Catching Fire" before I read "The Hunger Games" and I still found it to be incredibly suspenseful! Just a heads up though :)


Catching Fire

(Hunger Games, #2)
by Suzanne Collins
Published: September 1st 2009
391 pages
I give it:
Description: Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.


My Thoughts:
A short review would simply say "OMG! OMG! OMG! I LOVED IT!"... but I should probably try to come up with something a little better to say than just that, right?

While I didn't think this book held quite the same magic as "The Hunger Games" did for me, I did find it just as addicting! It definitely did not disappoint!

"The Hunger Games" left me wanting more, so I quickly dived into this book without hesitation! I even hid this in my purse and would steal a few moments from my day to pull it out and read a few pages while no one was looking. I probably could have gotten in trouble for reading this while I should have been doing other things, but it was worth the risk!

We get a better look at who the characters are, which only makes me feel even more attached to them! We are also introduced to a few new characters who mix things up a bit, and only make the story more interesting!

The book ends in probably one of the most frustrating cliff hangers I have ever come across in any series I've read! How in the world am I supposed to wait until August for the third and final book in this series?! That seems like forever away!

I've been talking about this series non-stop since finishing up the first book, and I've been bothering my friends in hopes that I can convince them to read this series too. Seriously, if you haven't started reading "The Hunger Games" yet, then what are you waiting for?!

Oh, and in case you were wondering, I am definitely Team Peeta! How about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment