Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Review: Dead Is So Last Year

Dead Is So Last Year (Dead Is, #3)
by Marlene Perez

Published: May 4th 2009
208 pages
I give it:

Description: Something very strange starts happening in Nightshade the summer that the eldest Giordano sister, Rose, gets a job working at Dr. Franken's research laboratory. People are starting to see double. Doppelgängers of Nightshade residents are popping up all over town. Daisy, Rose and Poppy think it's a coincidence, until the rumors start that their father, who disappeared several years ago, has been spotted in town. Meanwhile, Daisy's beau, Ryan is spending all of his time training for football, and like the other guys on the team, he's grown enormous almost overnight. Samantha Devereux's boyfriend's neck has doubled in size since school ended. Could the football players be resorting to extreme measures to win? Between summer jobs, sugar rushes, and beach parties, the Giordano girls get to the bottom of these mysteries and more.

My Thoughts: I must admit, as long as Marlene Perez continues to write the "Dead Is" series, I will be sure to continue to read these books! They are my guilty pleasure books. The reason I say this is because this series is obviously aimed towards pre-teens.

These books remind me slightly of the "Fear Street" books that I used to love to read when I was 11. However, the subject matter in "Dead Is So Last Year" may be a little more light than what I remember from any of the "Fear Street" books, even though the "Dead Is" series is full of paranormal characters and mysteries lurking at every corner in the small town of Nightshade.

Just like the previous two books, "Dead Is So Last Year" is a fast paced, easy to follow book that will hold your interest till the very end! And at only 208 pages, it's easy to read the entire book in one sitting. Which is exactly what I did!

1 comment: