Sunday, April 25, 2010

Review: Airhead by Meg Cabot

Airhead #1       
by Meg Cabot

May 13th 2008
340 pages

Description:
Emerson Watts, 16 and female, loves playing video games, hanging out with her best friend, Christopher, and has made peace with her less-than-supermodel-esque looks. But when she's involved in a mysterious accident, she wakes up to find she's now in the body of...a supermodel. Who was behind this switch? What was the motive? And how can she get Christopher to realize she's still the same person inside?
My Thoughts: I LOVED IT! I was actually really surprised with Airhead, and it was so much better than I thought it was going to be! Not that I have ever doubted Meg Cabot... I knew I was going to like this book, I just didn't know I was going to like it as much as I did!

It was a little different from what I had expected. I had expected some sort of "spirit transfer" due to a terrible accident that affects two young girls, which is something that has been done a million times before. But that was not the case! Em Watts does finds herself in the body of supermodel, Nikki Howard, after she has a horrible accident, but it's because of an advance medical procedure that made the "whole body transplant" possible. You'll have to read the book to find out more about this. I found it quite interesting.

I was also pleasantly surprised about how likable I found the characters to be! I figured the rich and famous would be annoying spoiled brats, that I wouldn't care for. Partially because of the way Em perceived the F.O.N. (Friends of Nikki) before she actually got to know them. But instead I found these characters to be extremely likable! Nikki Howard's socialite B.F.F. Lulu was my favorite! But don't get me wrong... there were definitely a few annoying spoiled rich brats in the bunch.

It was really fun reading about Em's crazy situation, and trying to learn more about Nikki along the with her. I found it really difficult to put the book down! I also like that Em was able to hold onto some parts of her old life, even though hardly anyone knew who she really was. It was really interesting to see how her life had changed just because she had become Nikki Howard.

Also, if you are going to read Airhead, (which I think you should) be sure to have the second book "Being Nikki" on hand, because the story kind of stops abruptly. Which makes me glad that I started this series late! It left me wanting to know more, and it left me very curious!

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I have not read this book, yet. It sounds like the start of a great series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this. I'm waiting for Runaway too arrive in the post. It's killing me!

    ReplyDelete